Friday, November 8, 2019

Official Editing Blog

      As stated in my previous blog, I was unable to edit my Starbucks commercial because Pinnacle Studios was down. Therefore, my teacher gave us a few more days to edit in class. In my last blog I made a list of editing techniques I’d like to apply to my commercial. The techniques I picked out included: insert, fade in, fade out, action match and jump cut. When it was time to edit my teacher did not have a sufficient amount of laptops for the entire class. To compromise, she divided the class into two different sides. The left side of the room, which was the side I was on, we’re the first to edit on the laptops. We had thirty minutes before we had to give up our laptops to the other side of the room; We had to use our time wisely.
      My team mate went to the front of the room and got a laptop for the both of us. We sat together, plugged in our flash drive which contained our commercial footage, and then we dumped our footage onto Pinnacle Studio. After that, we picked out our best footage to edit. We started off by adding a fade in. We then added an action match where my group mate was walking and then she was shown again in the next scene, still walking. We then added a jump cut where my team mate was flipping through pages and I walked up her, leading into it dialogue. The purpose of doing so was to show the passage of time. We then added an insert at the end where we have the Starbucks logo on a green background with the Starbucks slogan written in white— “Starbucks DoubleShot. Bring on The Day!” We then ended the commercial with a fade out.
      After my team mate and I were done filming, she went to save our commercial on the flash drive. My team mate saved she saved it, however when we clicked on the final product, all of our footage was gone. We were devastated because it took us a while to get our editing together. All of our hard work went down the drain. Instead of being pessimistic my partner and I decided that we will give editing another shot the very next class since we had to give the other half of our class a chance with the laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment