Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog #1

      Over the weekend, my group mates and I filmed our music video. We filmed on both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, I met up with my group mates at Anyeska’s house around 2 PM. The agreed time to be there was 1 PM; However, I was running an hour behind. The people who were involved in the filming process were Anyeska, Lesly, Jazmin, our volunteer named Nick, and I. By the time I arrived, my team mate, Lesly had already finished his “birthday suit” scene. We mostly went with the flow, and majority of our music video was filmed out of order. Upon arrival, I walked in on the scene where Anyeska had to lay in bed to match the lyrics “I just wanna lay in my bed.” Lesly was filming her at a high angle as mentioned in the storyboard. After Anyeska’s scene, we filmed Jazmin’s over-the-shoulder scene where she was sitting on the couch and she tossed her phone as she was receiving a call from Lesly; the lyrics: “don’t feel like picking up the phone, so leave a message at the tone.” Afterwards, we took a short, twenty minute break to grab a quick snack. Anyeska’s mom made us mozzarella sticks and we had juice, as well as water. After eating, we jumped right back into filming. Our next scene was a dance sequence where we came up with simple steps to express the lyrics, “today I don’t feel like doing anything.” It took us about twelve minutes to come up with a dance sequence and after a few takes, it took the group about fifteen minutes to master it. Anyeska’s mom was in charge of filming this scene.  The fifth scene which we did was the scene where the lyrics went: “no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, ooo.” For this scene, Anyeska printed out papers which read “No,” and we all had one, except for Lesly. We stood in a line side by side and we each extended out the paper every time we heard “no.” On the last “no,” Lesly zoomed into the camera because the next scene would be the scene of him in his “birthday suit.” We basically filmed the five scenes previously mentioned before Lesly had to go to his basketball game. Therefore, we filmed all of the parts which did not include him.

       Once Lesly left, we wasted no time. We jumped right into filming all of the scenes which did not involve him. The first scene we filmed without him was a video game scene where Nick was playing video games, but then he stopped and relaxed. The lyrics to match the scene are: “oh, today I don’t feel like doing anything.” Second, Anyeska filmed my scene where I was in the bathroom mirror with a comb in my hand and me shaking my head; the lyrics were “no, I ain’t gonna comb my hair. ‘Cause I ain’t going anywhere.” Then, Jazmin filmed the scene where Anyeska was laying in bed, but this time, turning over onto her side and putting the covers over her head. Lastly, we filmed two scenes. We filmed a scene where Jazmin took her shoes off, and the song went- “”cause today I swear I’m not doing anything.” The final scene of the day was the part of the song which went, “don’t feel like picking up the phone, so leave a message at the tone.” In this scene, I recorded an insert which displayed a bunch of missed calls to express the lyric previously stated. That was it for filming on Saturday. We all agreed to return the following day to finish out last few scenes.

      The next day, we all met up at Anyeska’s house to ultimately conclude our video. We decided to cut the scenes short, braking the storyboard to an extent. We only filmed one scene on Sunday. Basically, in the last scene we used confetti as a prop. We lip singed the lyrics: “Nothing at all!” Then, we threw the confetti in the air, huddled and cheered. Once again, Anyeska’s mom recorded this scene. As Nick, Lesly, Anyeska, and I huddled around, Jazmin stepped away from the group and she covered the camera which means that the video was over. Once the video was over, I was relieved. I feel confident in the scenes we filmed and I can not wait to edit them so that I can see our ideas come to life in our final product. After filming, we went to an arcade, then a pizza restaurant to award ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment