Monday, December 2, 2019

Filming Blog #2

      Last week Sunday, I met up with my team mates to finish filming our music video. We met up at Anyeska’s house again, but this time we met up around 1:30 PM. Initially, we had four scenes left to film. However, we ended up breaking the storyboard and switching over to new ideas. We ended up only filming one scene on Sunday, which was actually our very last scene of the music video. Scene six and scene seven from the storyboard which I drew, was merged together into one scene, breaking the storyboard. Additionally, scene twelve from the storyboard was changed up. Instead of filming a long shot of Jazmin kicking her socks off then laying on the couch, Anyeska filmed an extreme close up shot of her kicking her shoes off. It was my original idea to show someone taking their shoe off when the lyrics stated “‘Cause today I swear I’m not doing anything;” the reason being that a person can not go out and do anything if they are not wearing shoes. All in all, these changes to the storyboard was made the day before, Saturday.
      Scenes thirteen through fifteen were completely changed up on Sunday. As previously stated, we only filmed one scene on Sunday. Basically, we merged the three scenes together, making them one scene, and cutting our actions short. Our initial idea was to throw up paper confetti in scene thirteen, lay on the floor in fourteen, and in the last scene someone would cover the camera with their hand; Instead, we went against the storyboard again. We decided to only throw up the paper confetti, gather in a circle as we cheer happily, then Jazmin walked away from the group and covered the camera with her hand. Anyeska’s mom was behind the camera for the previously described scene and the scene was filmed as a medium shot. At that point, filming the music video was called to an end. We all felt pretty relieved, so we decided to go out and have some fun.
      Overall, filming was successful. I enjoyed working with Anyeska, Jazmin, Lesly, and Nick. We were quite strategic of how we went about filming the music video. For one, everyone was involved in at least three scenes which means that we all played a huge part in the music video. Moreover, we filmed in five different settings around Anyeska’s house, and everyone had a chance to operate the camera. Meaning, we all actively contributed to the music video as a team is supposed to do. I felt as though I learned a lot from my fellow AICE Media classmates. My biggest takeaway was how to creatively use camera movements, angles, and shots. I am content that I made the decision to work with my friends because for the entire time, work felt like leisure. I will definitely be working with these same people for my final Cambridge project.

No comments:

Post a Comment