Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Commercial Project + CCR

In October, the early stages of my AICE Media Studies course, I recorded my very first project. Alongside my team mate, Yanaj, I recorded a Starbucks commercial. We both agreed to make the commercial about Starbucks. I blogged the entire process which can be revisited in my October blogs. It was my first time recording a piece in AICE Media and I had a lot of fun. I am glad to have my commercial on hand to compare it to my final opening sequence for Cambridge to observe and analyze my growth throughout the class.





Creative Critical Reflection
1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?
Starbucks commercials are usually filmed inside of the Starbucks store, coffee is usually seen through an extreme close up being poured in slow motionhappy customers are involved, the coffee making process is usually shown, and customers names being written on their cups. My commercial challenge conventions because Starbucks commercials are not typically filmed outdoors; however, my commercial was filmed outdoor on school campus. Additionally, I advertised using their bottled drinkThis challenged the conventions because Starbucks usually advertise their in-store drinks such as their frappes versus their grocery store bottled drinks. The Starbucks drink used in my commercial represents social groups because it is given to a sleep deprived student who needs a boost(Starbucks coffee) to start off their day. This shows that Starbucks is often marketed to teenagers who are busied by school.

2. How does your product engage with audiences ANDhow would it be distributed as a real media text?
In my Starbucks commercial, the audience is attracted by the bottled drink. It is the main focus of the commercial and it is shown in almost even scene. It would be distributed through TVs, YouTube ads, and social media ads. Moreover, my ad sends a message that Starbucks is a good boost for teens to start off their day.

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
At the beginning of the school year, I learned vocabulary terms of the different editing tricks present. Throughout this project, the terms I learned manifested as I finally got a chance to edit on Pinnacle Studios. To an extent, my understanding of editing has improved. I also got the chance to explore my creativeness and turn my vision to reality. Therefore, I feel more comfortable coming up with a storyboard and executing my plan. 

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
I incorporated technology by using a camera provided by my school, a tripod to hold up the camera, and by using both Pinnacle Studios and iMovie to edit my commercial.Moreover, I blogged my entire experience on a website called blogger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment